On page SEO is important for better website rankings and a successful online marketing campaign. Optimizing your website will make it easier for visitors to access your website and search engines to find you.
On page SEO includes the procedures and strategies a website owner or web designer will implement on an entire website to optimize the site for search engines.
5 essential tips for on page SEO
1. Quality content- Content is the meat of a website. Content needs to be up-to-date, informative, accurate, valuable and interesting to your readers. Google is very strict on the quality of content it returns to readers and will not hesitate to penalize websites that have low quality content. To ensure your content is up to the mark avoid over using keywords, ensure your content is unique and not copied from anywhere else, update your website with accurate content regularly, provide value to readers and stick to your niche.
2. Use attractive graphics- Graphics are not only pleasing to the eye but relay information faster. Uploading attractive graphics related to your niche will help break the monotony of large boring chunks of texts. Just like content make sure that your graphics are interesting, valuable and informative to your readers. In addition make sure to use related keywords and titles to describe your images. Optimizing your graphics will help your website rank higher on search engines in addition to making easier for people to find your site when they do a keyword related search on search engines
3. Optimize page load speeds- Nothing is as frustrating as a website that takes ages to load. Potential visitors will move on to other websites if your site takes more than a few seconds to load. Google takes note of a website’s speed for ranking purposes. It’s therefore important to get rid of any unnecessary items such as outdated graphics, video, plugins, music players etc. Ensure that you reduce the size of your images and video to give visitors a fast download experience.
4. Making your website mobile friendly- As technology advances, better and more sophisticated mobile devices are finding their way into many people’s hands. People nowadays can access internet on mobile devices, anywhere in the word. Making your site mobile friendly will make it possible for people to access your site using their smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. A responsive website will not only make it possible for people to access and view your site using their small screened mobile devices but will increase Google rankings. Google and other search engines take into account how responsive a website is for purposes of ranking.
5. Make proper use of keywords- Keywords are important phrases that help readers find your site from the many that there are online. There are thousands if not millions of websites online, using keywords helps visitors find your site when they type a key phrase related to your niche. Use keywords on the title, tagline, Meta description, body, and domain name and other places where it matters most, taking care not to overdo it. As much as keywords are important for on page SEO, you want to avoid spamming your site with too many keywords. A key density lower than 5% is recommended as ideal.
On page search engine optimization is very important for success in your marketing strategies. A properly optimized site will make it easy for people to find you online, help your site rank better on search engines, make it easy for people to access your website using mobile devices and give you a better competitive edge.